Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Reflections on moving on

Hello Folks,

Bob Durgin here.  This is my first blog post ever.  I'm entering a new, exciting and somewhat scary part of my life.  I have been doing radio for my entire adult life.  It has defined me in more ways than I can ever describe.  I don't know what to expect going forward, nor can I predict how I'll feel about it.

What I do know, however, is that while I may be riding off into the proverbial sunset, I'm still in the saddle.  I intend to stay in touch and involved through various media such as my website, this blog and other social media.  I intend to be a part of activism on the part of the common man, just as I've been throughout my talk radio career.  My schedule of events will be posted on my several outlets.  Hope to see you at some of them.

Well, just two more days until I relinquish my broadcast microphone for good.  It's been a long run and a really good one.  Here's hoping to keep up with the friendships that I've made with you all.

Check back soon.

Good-bye and God bless!

11 comments:

  1. Good first post, Bob. You're a natural.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great first post! Just like the radio you are a natural! :) Have a great retirement and looking forward to hearing from you on the web blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob, while I never had the chance to call in and talk to you, your show was a staple of mine no matter what time it was on. You are truly one of the shining lights in the darkness. My prayers continue to go with you in all your future plans.

    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Bob!! Bravo Zulu!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Sorry I missed your going away party today. I've talked to you several times on the radio. I'm the trucker that has been doing this for over 40 years and I know trucking just a little. God Bless you and I'll be watching your blog.
    Joe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bob,

    You will be greatly missed. Harrisburg will not be the same without your daily presence on the air.

    Have a great retirement.

    Luke

    ReplyDelete
  8. You will be greatly missed Bob. Not sure if there is anyone that can replace you! Good Luck and Take Care. I will be visiting BobDurgin.com frequently!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I miss hearing you on WHP, it's just not the same.
    you were with me many years in my car on the radio when I would leave work and drive home. God Bless you Bob.

    ReplyDelete