Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Lasting memories, first impressions



Hello Folks,

Well, here I am, retired, and I still can't believe it. Retirement feels good, but it will take awhile to get used to it. I miss everyone at WHP and I miss you, the listeners. I think it'll get worse before it gets better.

My retirement broadcast was more than I could have ever imagined. Actually, it was incredible! I want to thank all the folks who came and the listeners who were with us in spirit. What really blew me away was the standing ovation. I certainly wasn't expecting it and it brought a tear to my eye and I had to struggle to keep my composure. Some ladies who wished me well were crying and I had to struggle some more. There were so many people there! I have never experienced anything like that in my life and the memory will be with me forever.

But this isn't goodbye, it's just so long. I'll be making personal appearances, writing commentary on my website, writing my blog and doing talk shows from time to time on WHP.

If you see me out and about, say Hello. Just look for the cowboy hat. Right now I'm going to answer more of your emails, but I'll talk with you soon...

Good-bye. God bless. Be safe.



4 comments:

  1. Really different driving home after work and not hearing you on WHP... That will take time to get used to.... Your truly missed, best of luck in your retirement mode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bob, It's hard not hearing you on the radio. I will really miss the Bob Durgin show. I hope you enjoy retirement. Make sure you keep paying those taxes :-) Take Care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rob I share in that loss! My commute will never be the same... Glad to see your still listening the old AM crackle box!

      Delete
  3. I'm very sad that I can't listen to you anymore! I was hoping that you would change your mind!

    ReplyDelete